If you want to throw further in the discus event, you need to be able to generate explode power upon the release of the discus. There are a few factors that will contribute to your ability to release the discus explosively.
- Do you have enough strength to generate force for the power to release the discus?
- Do you have enough explosive speed when you are releasing the discus?
- Are you generating enough explosive power when releasing the discus?
To improve these areas, you must develop the strength and explosive power in your muscle groups, and also condition your muscle groups to generate this power so you can throw the discus further.
You will develop:
- Your rotational power
- Your strength and power in your throwing arm
- Strength, power, and explosiveness to release the discus.
How soon should you see the improvements?
You should start to notice improvements in 30 days.
Ideally, you will improve by at least 5-10m in the discus.